Why you need insurance

Business insurance covers you when your advice, your actions or your products cause harm to other people or property.

We know that you are probably buying this insurance to meet the requirements of a tender or a client, but seriously, it could mean you keep your house if something goes wrong, so keep reading.

Whatever your reason for wanting cover, we keep it as affordable as we can.

Who we cover

We’ll look at anyone’s insurance needs and will help you to find other cover if EnviroSure can’t insure you.

EnviroSure focusses on insuring professionals who are certified to do assessment and audit, and who provide consulting or advice within the scope of their certification. Very few of these people create products of any sort, so we only provide products insurance by special request.

You can click here to see the list of the clients we insure who are members of, accredited or certified by these leading organisations, some of whom endorse and recommend us.

Why two policies?

Having separate Professional Indemnity and Public Liability policies gives you the ability to choose the value of your cover for each policy – it gives you more options. They also overlap slightly, so it’s harder for a claim to fall through the gap between Public Liability and Professional Indemnity.

It gives you the comfort of knowing that your risks are covered correctly.

Professional Indemnity

Insurance that covers you against certain claims made against you in response to professional services that you have provided.

You can choose between cover to the value of $1 million, $2 million, $5 million or $10 million.

Your policy is yours alone. This is not a shared limit policy, it is a legal contract guaranteeing the limit of liability.

Public Liability

When you work anywhere, public liability insurance protects you if you injure someone, damage or lose property that does not belong to you.

You can choose from cover to the value of $10 million or $20 million per claim.

The policy is yours alone – this is not a shared limit policy.

Rules for both policies

The minimum period for cover is 12 months.

Cover can be arranged up to one month before the start date of the policy.

The policy applies to the individual or entity that is insured – including employees of the entity if declared in the application.

Sub-contractors must arrange their own insurance separately.

You cannot guarantee the outcome of the services you provide, so we won’t insure you against failing to deliver on a fixed price you have quoted.

We will not insure ‘acts of negligence with a deliberate intent to cause or inflict harm’ – so unintentional or accidental negligence is covered but deliberate negligence is not.

What is not covered

Products: Neither of our policies cover products. If you do produce or sell a product – and some of our policy holders do – we can arrange cover, but we can’t do it online. Call us on 1300 799 950.

The insurance does not cover:

  • Workers compensation claims (you need specific cover for that)
  • Activities outside the scope of your professional advice, unless they are included as part of your licence
  • An entity engaged who has (or who should have) their own insurance
  • Activity that is not directly related to the professional services licence that you are seeking to insure – so if you are in trade as well as assessment, you may need separate insurance for your trade (just ask us if you are uncertain, call 1300 799 950)
  • Dishonest, malicious or illegal acts
  • Your business assets – you need to have separate cover for this
  • • Any claim made, or action instituted, within the United States of America or any territories within the jurisdiction of the United States of America
  • Loss or liability arising from ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity (this is a standard clause in all insurance policies)
  • War and terrorism (this is a standard clause in all insurance policies)
  • Promises that you make in contracts that may be unfair, though we do cover you for your liability ‘at law’ whether or not a contract exists or existed
  • Errors in contracts that would not be approved at law
  • Any fines, penalties, punitive or exemplary damages unless accepted by the insurer
  • Any negligence in connection with the estimate of your professional services – so you cannot claim for losses you make because you did not quote the right price for the work
  • Any claims for liability arising out you failing to meet contractual requirements relating to output, efficiency or durability – UNLESS the failure relates to a negligent act, error or omission that you make during the professional conduct of your Business

Your policy documentation

You can login to your account to view and download your certificate of insurance.

Your general public and product liability policy is here.

Your Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy here.

Examples of our clients

You can click here to see the list of our typical clients.

Our underwriters

EnviroSure Business Insurance (providing separate Professional Indemnity and Public Liability policies) is underwritten by Vero, which traces its roots back to Australia’s first insurance company, Derwent and Tamar Insurance, and is part of the Suncorp group.

Visit www.vero.com.au for more information about Vero.

Relationship with Delaney Kelly Golding Insurance Brokers (DKG)

EnviroSure is a trading name of Insurance Choice Pty Ltd which operates as a corporate authorised representative under licence Delaney Kelly Golding Pty Ltd (ABN 35000663221) AFSL Number 231146.